What is a Boat Jump Starter?
A jump starter is nothing but an emergency device that gives a boost to start a boat when its battery is totally discharged. A jump starter is made to work by connecting the battery of the boat to an external source of power. The connectivity is very important to get a boat started with a jump starter. The type of boat is also important to know the safety measures that need to be taken.
Safety tips that you need to remember when using a jump starter on a boat:
1. The first and foremost thing to keep in mind while jump starting your boat is to keep the boat in a neutral mode with active brakes.
2. Check the car type. A diesel car needs the heater to be on to maintain the voltage issues in the car.
3. The electrical appliances present in your boat should be turned off before you proceed with jump starting.
4. The vehicle which acts as the source of energy should have its engines off.
5. Jump starting a hybrid boat turn out to be quite a dangerous thing. This is because of its requirement of higher power than any other boat. Avoiding a connection between the jump starter and the metallic surface keeps it safe.
6. Check for any manuals in the boat. A boat manual comes very handy when you are planning to jump start a hybrid boat. You might be aware which part of the car is giving what voltage and hence might end up in 5000 voltage shock.
7. It is necessary to ensure that the hood of Pedestal Bridge remains open when the process of jump starting a car is on.
8. When connecting a dead hybrid car ensure that the positive end of the dead car is connected with the pullover end of the cable, whereas the colored part stays connected to the positive end of the active car.
9. It is good if you wear goggles that are polycarbonate made and is splash-proofed while you are jump starting. You need a goggle with the theZ-87 frame before you do any kind of automobile work.
10. Avoid smoking or any kinds of flame while you jump start a boat as the boat batteries have the presence of sulphuric acid in them. Any kind of fire can lead to combustion.
11. Check any kind of loose wiring or damage in a battery when you are changing the car oil.
12. The jump starter cables are supposed to rust free to avoid any exposed type wires because of corrosion.
13. Make sure the battery fluid is not frozen. If it is frozen, it is suggested to drop the idea of jump starting the bpat.
14. You might not know all the necessary steps of connecting the cables. It is suggested that you let a qualified professional undertake the job.
Jump Starting Boat Battery
Be safe when you drive and maintain the safety when you are jump starting your dead boat battery. Safekeeping is very important for future rides on your boat.